Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning for NT
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
CANCELLATION SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
Issued at 3:07 am Friday, 21 April 2017.
Severe thunderstorms are no longer occurring in Northern Territory.
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will
continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
The Northern Territory Emergency Service advises that people should:
* avoid driving into water of unknown depth and current
* stay away from fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be
treated as live
* stay away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways
* for emergency help in floods, storms and cyclones, contact the NTES on 132
500. For more safety tips visit www.securent.nt.gov.au
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 214. The Bureau and Northern
Territory Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.