Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning for NSW
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
SEVERE WEATHER WARNING
for DAMAGING WINDS
For people in parts of the
Snowy Mountains Forecast District.
Issued at 9:11 am Friday, 20 January 2017.
DAMAGING WINDS IN AREAS ABOVE 1800 METRES.
Increasing northwesterly winds ahead of a trough axpected to move through the
DAMAGING WINDS, averaging 80 km/h with peak gusts in excess of 125 km/h are
likely ahead of the trough in areas above 1800 metres.
Winds are expected to ease behind the trough.
Locations which may be affected include Perisher Valley, Charlotte Pass and
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Move vehicles under cover or away from trees.
* Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
* Keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines or objects that may be
energised, such as fences.
* Report fallen power lines to either Ausgrid on 131 388, or Endeavour Energy
on 131 003 or Essential Energy on 132 080, as shown on your power bill.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring your local SES Unit on 132
The next Severe Weather Warning will be issued by 5:00 pm AEDT Friday.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's
website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 218. The Bureau and State Emergency
Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.