Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Peel and Namoi Rivers
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Namoi River
Issued at 10:45 AM EST on Tuesday 06 April 2021
Flood Watch Number: 17
THE NAMOI RIVER AT GOANGRA PEAKED NEAR THE MINOR FLOOD LEVEL
No further flooding is expected.
No further flooding is expected in the Namoi River.
The Namoi River at Goangra peaked at 5.49 metres around 07:00 am Monday 05 April, near the minor flood level (5.5 metres). The river level is currently at 5.25 metres and steady.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/northwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Goonoon Goonoo Creek at Goonoo Goonoo,1.06,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Peel River at Piallamore,0.90,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Cockburn River at Mulla Crossing,0.43,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Peel River at Carrol Gap,0.76,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Namoi River at Manilla,1.25,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Mooki River at Breeza Station,0.64,Steady,10:15 AM TUE 06/04/21
Namoi River at Gunnedah,0.61,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Coxs Creek at Boggabri,0.92,Steady,10:15 AM TUE 06/04/21
Namoi River at Boggabri,0.92,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Narrabri Creek at Narrabri,0.53,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Namoi River at Wee Waa (Glencoe),1.16,Steady,09:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Namoi River at Bugilbone,1.18,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
Namoi River at Goangra,5.25,Steady,10:00 AM TUE 06/04/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.