Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Bogan River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor Flood Warning For The Bogan River
Issued at 10:57 AM EST on Wednesday 14 April 2021
Flood Watch Number: 28
BOGAN RIVER LEVELS FALLING, NO FURTHER FLOODING EXPECTED
River levels continue to receded on the Bogan River at Gongolgon. No further flooding is expected.
Lower Bogan River:
No further flooding is expected in the Lower Bogan River.
Bogan River at Gongolgon:
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/centralwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Bogan River at Peak Hill,0.31,Steady,10:00 AM WED 14/04/21
Bogan River at Dandaloo,1.54,Steady,10:00 AM WED 14/04/21
Bogan River at Neurie Plains,0.71,Falling,10:00 AM WED 14/04/21
Bogan River at Nyngan,2.58,Falling,08:00 AM WED 14/04/21
Bogan River at Monkey Bridge,2.94,Falling,10:00 AM WED 14/04/21
Bogan River at Gongolgon,0.63,Falling,08:00 AM WED 14/04/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.