Weather Warnings - Severe Thunderstorm Warning
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Of Severe Thunderstorm Warning
for Mid North Coast and Hunter Forecast Districts.
Issued at 8:03 pm Wednesday, 29 November 2023.
Severe thunderstorms have contracted off the coast.
cancellation of severe thunderstorm warning for the following areas:
Mid North Coast and Hunter
The immediate threat of severe thunderstorms has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
A Severe Weather Warning for heavy rainfall and damaging winds is current for South Coast and parts of the Snowy Mountains districts.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Keep clear of fallen power lines.
* Keep clear of creeks and storm drains.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
* Stay vigilant and monitor conditions. Note that the landscape may have changed following bushfires.
* For emergency help in floods and storms, ring the SES (NSW and ACT) on 132 500.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.