Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Hunter River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Hunter River
Issued at 02:48 AM EDT on Wednesday 01 December 2021
Flood Watch Number: 26
MAITLAND FALLEN BELOW MINOR TUESDAY EVENING
The Hunter River at Maitland fell below the minor flood level (5.90 metres) at 6 PM Tuesday.
No further flooding is expected in the Lower Hunter.
Hunter River at Maitland (Belmore Bridge):
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/midnorth.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Kingdon Ponds at Scone,0.59,Steady,02:34 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Aberdeen,3.28,Falling,01:45 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Muswellbrook,3.24,Rising,02:00 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Denman,3.16,Falling,01:30 AM WED 01/12/21
Goulburn River at Sandy Hollow,2.807,Falling,01:30 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Liddell,7.37,Steady,01:30 AM WED 01/12/21
Wollombi Brook at Bulga,2.08,Falling,01:45 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Singleton,4.78,Falling,01:30 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Greta,5.69,Falling,01:30 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Maitland (Belmore Bridge),4.76,Falling,02:15 AM WED 01/12/21
Hunter River at Raymond Terrace,1.02,Falling,02:15 AM WED 01/12/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.