Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Castlereagh River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Castlereagh River
Issued at 10:00 AM EDT on Friday 03 December 2021
Flood Watch Number: 25
NO FURTHER FLOODING AT MENDOORAN, GILGANDRA AND COONAMBLE
The Castlereagh River at Mendooran fell below the minor flood level on Thursday morning.
Gilgandra peaked below the minor flood level Wednesday afternoon, and the flood peak is estimated to have passed through Coonamble in the early hours of Friday below the flood class threshold.
The peak along the Castlereagh River from last week's rainfall is causing river level rises downstream of Coonamble, with river levels yet to peak at Gungalman. A peak is expected at Gungalman near 5 metres in the next several days.
No further flooding is expected in the Castlereagh River at Mendooran and Gilgandra and Coonamble.
Castlereagh River at Mendooran:
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/northwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Castlereagh River at Mendooran,2.59,Steady,09:00 AM FRI 03/12/21
Castlereagh River at Lucas Bridge,2.28,Falling,09:00 AM FRI 03/12/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.