Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Queanbeyan and Molonglo
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Queanbeyan And Molonglo Rivers
Issued at 11:43 PM EST on Friday 05 August 2022
Flood Watch Number: 9
LOCATIONS ALONG THE QUEANBEYAN AND MOLONGLO RIVERS HAVE FALLEN BELOW THE MINOR FLOOD LEVELS
The Queanbeyan River at Queens Bridge and the Molonglo River at Oaks Estate fell below the minor flood levels.
No further flooding is expected in the Queanbeyan River.
The Queanbeyan River at Queens Bridge peaked at 5.10 metres around midnight Thursday into Friday, with minor flooding and was around 4.05 metres (below minor) at 6:00 pm on Friday and falling.
No further flooding is expected in the Molonglo River.
The Molonglo River at Oaks Estate peaked at 6.84 metres around 04:00 am Friday, with minor flooding. The river level is currently at 4.00 metres (below minor) and falling.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* ACT SES: www.esa.act.gov.au/actses/
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/southwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
* BOM ACT Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_ACT
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Queanbeyan River at Tinderry,1.73,Steady,11:11 PM FRI 05/08/22
Queanbeyan River at Wickerslack,2.14,Falling,05:50 PM FRI 05/08/22
Queanbeyan River at Queens Bridge,4.05,Falling,06:30 PM FRI 05/08/22
Molonglo River at Burbong,1.70,Falling,08:54 PM FRI 05/08/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.