Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Belubula River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Belubula River
Issued at 08:43 AM EST on Sunday 07 August 2022
Flood Watch Number: 6
MINOR FLOODING NO LONGER OCCURRING AT CANOWINDRA
A near moderate flood peak occurred at Canowindra along the Belubula River on Friday 05 August. River levels Canowindra fell below the minor flood level (2.60 metres) on Saturday 06 August.
A few showers are forecast for the rest of Sunday, which is unlikely to cause significant and renewed river level rises. The situation is being closely monitored and revised predictions will be provided if necessary.
Minor flooding is no longer occurring the Belubula River at Canowindra.
The Belubula River at Canowindra Upstream peaked at 3.26 metres around 03:00 pm Friday 05 August, just below the moderate flood level (3.30 metres). The river level is currently at 1.78 metres and falling, below the minor flood level.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/centralwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Belubula River at The Needles,1.11,Falling,08:00 AM SUN 07/08/22
Belubula River at Canowindra Upstream,1.79,Falling,08:00 AM SUN 07/08/22
Mandagery Creek at Toogong (Glenayr),1.17,Falling,07:00 AM SUN 07/08/22
Mandagery Creek at Smithfeild,2.47,Falling,07:00 AM SUN 07/08/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.