Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Warrego River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor Flood Warning For The Warrego River (Nsw)
Issued at 10:43 AM EST on Thursday 15 April 2021
Flood Watch Number: 14
MINOR FLOOD OCCURRING AT FORDS BRIDGE BYWASH
Minor flooding (1.70 metres) is currently occurring along the Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash. The Fords Bywash peaked with minor flooding on Tuesday evening and slowly falling. The main flood peak is moving downstream of Fords Bywash.
Warrego River (NSW):
Minor flood is occurring along the Warrego River (NSW) at Fords Bridge Bywash.
The Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash peaked at 2.13 metres around 11:00 pm Tuesday 13 April and is currently at 2.06 metres and slowly falling with minor flooding.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/outerwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 11:00 am EST on Friday 16 April 2021.
Latest River Heights:
Warrego River at Barringun No. 2,1.72,Steady,10:00 AM THU 15/04/21
Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash,2.06,Steady,10:15 AM THU 15/04/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.