Lower Derwent Weather

forecast summary district forecast

possible shower

Monday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h.

possible thunderstorm

Tuesday Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers, most likely in the morning and afternoon. Snow falling above 600 metres. The chance of a thunderstorm in the late morning and afternoon. Possible hail. Winds N/NW 20 to 30 km/h turning W/SW 25 to 35 km/h early in the morning. ##.

possible shower

Wednesday Partly cloudy. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Snow possible above 800 metres. Winds W 25 to 35 km/h.

possible shower

Thursday Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower in the south. Winds W/NW 25 to 35 km/h.

possible shower

Friday Partly cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the far south, slight (30%) chance elsewhere. Winds W/NW 20 to 30 km/h.

Issued Mon 16:25 EST

current warnings most recent warnings

Tas - Mon 22:00 EST
Coastal Wind Warning

View all current warnings

Lower Derwent Weather Forecasts

station
forecast min max chance of rain rain amount frost risk 9am 3pm
wind rh wind rh
°C °C km/h % km/h %
showers Showers
7 12 90% - Nil - - - -
showers Showers
7 11 90% 1-5mm Nil SW 34 79 SW 35 64
showers Showers
4 11 90% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
showers Showers
5 10 90% - Nil - - - -
showers Showers
3 11 90% 1-5mm Slight - - - -
showers Showers
7 11 90% 1-5mm Nil WSW 17 80 SW 21 58
showers Showers
4 12 90% 1-5mm Slight WSW 18 79 SW 26 55
showers Showers
3 10 50% 1-5mm Moderate - - - -
rain tending to snow Rain tending to snow
2 3 70% 1-5mm Moderate WSW 28 93 WSW 27 87
snow Snow
0 1 90% 1-5mm High - - - -
showers Showers
6 12 50% 1-5mm Nil - - - -
rain Rain
2 6 80% 1-5mm Moderate WSW 10 98 WSW 14 83

Site search


Enter a postcode or town name for local weather, or text to search the site. » advanced search

Wintery preview as snow covers alps

13:09 AEST The first in a pair of cold fronts brought a decent bout of snow to Australia's alps on Sunday and more is on the way tomorrow.

Help with Farmonline Weather