Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Gwydir River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Gwydir River
Issued at 01:01 PM EST on Monday 15 August 2022
Flood Watch Number: 3
FLOODING HAS EASED BELOW THE MINOR FLOOD LEVEL AT YARRAMAN
A minor flood peak occurred at Yarraman on Sunday afternoon before falling below the minor flood level on Monday morning. No further flooding is expected along the Gwydir River.
Gwydir River downstream of Copeton Dam:
No further flooding is expected in the Gwydir River downstream of Copeton Dam.
The Gwydir River at Yarraman Bridge peaked at 4.47 metres with minor flooding around 05:00 pm Sunday 14 August, and fell below the minor flood level (4.00 metres) around 9:00 am Monday. No further flooding is expected at Yarraman.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/northwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Gwydir River at Bundarra,2.45,Steady,12:30 PM MON 15/08/22
Halls Creek at Bingara,0.49,Steady,12:00 PM MON 15/08/22
Horton River at Rider,1.30,Falling,12:00 PM MON 15/08/22
Gwydir River at Gravesend Road Bridge,3.40,Falling,12:00 PM MON 15/08/22
Gwydir River at Pallamallawa,2.98,Falling,12:30 PM MON 15/08/22
Gwydir River at Yarraman Bridge,3.45,Falling,12:00 PM MON 15/08/22
Mehi River at Moree,2.87,Steady,12:00 PM MON 15/08/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.