Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Gwydir River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor Flood Warning For The Gwydir River
Issued at 10:26 AM EDT on Sunday 05 December 2021
Flood Watch Number: 41
MINOR FLOODING OCCURRING AT YARRAMAN
Spills from Copeton Dam combined with tributary flows have resulted in renewed river rises in the Gwydir River downstream of Copeton Dam. Minor flooding peaks were observed at Gravesend and Pallamallawa on Saturday, and the river is now below the minor flood level.
Minor flooding continues along the Gwydir River at Yarraman.
Gwydir River downstream of Copeton Dam:
Minor flooding is occurring along the Gwydir River at Yarraman.
The Gwydir River at Yarraman Bridge peaked at 5.85 metres around 03:00 am Sunday 05 December and is currently at 5.73 metres and steady, with minor flooding.
Gwydir River at Gravesend Road Bridge:
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/northwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 10:30 am EDT on Monday 06 December 2021.
Latest River Heights:
Halls Creek at Bingara,0.50,Steady,09:15 AM SUN 05/12/21
Horton River at Rider,1.08,Steady,09:15 AM SUN 05/12/21
Gwydir River at Gravesend Road Bridge,5.54,Steady,10:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Gwydir River at Pallamallawa,5.23,Falling,10:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Gwydir River at Yarraman Bridge,5.73,Steady,10:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
Mehi River at Moree,2.92,Steady,10:00 AM SUN 05/12/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.