Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Lachlan River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor Flood Warning For The Lachlan River
Issued at 10:31 AM EST on Friday 01 July 2022
Flood Watch Number: 27
MINOR FLOODING OCCURRING AT BOOLIGAL
Minor flooding continues along the Lachlan River at Booligal, where river levels are rising.
The Lower Lachlan River at Hillston Weir peaked below minor during Wednesday (29 June) and this flood peak is approaching Whealbah. This peak has the potential to cause renewed rises at Booligal around mid July.
Lower Lachlan River downstream of Euabalong to Booligal Weir:
Minor flooding is occurring along the Lachlan River at Booligal.
The Lachlan River at Booligal Weir is currently around 2.49 metres and rising, with minor flooding.
Renewed river rises are likely at Booligal Weir, where river levels may reach near 2.70 metres around mid July, with minor flooding.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/centralwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW.
The next warning will be issued by 11:00 am EST on Monday 04 July 2022.
Latest River Heights:
Boorowa River at Prossers Crossing,0.94,Rising,08:30 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Cowra,2.97,Rising,08:30 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Nanami,3.06,Steady,09:00 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Forbes Iron Bridge,4.64,Steady,09:00 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Cottons Weir,1.39,Steady,09:00 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Jemalong Weir Downstream,4.18,Steady,08:45 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Condobolin Bridge,3.17,Steady,09:00 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Hillston Weir,2.19,Falling,09:00 AM FRI 01/07/22
Lachlan River at Booligal Weir,2.49,Rising,09:00 AM FRI 01/07/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.