Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Culgoa, Bokhara, Narran
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor Flood Warning For The Bokhara River
Issued at 10:15 AM EDT on Friday 28 January 2022
Flood Watch Number: 33
MINOR FLOODING CONTINUES ALONG THE BOKHARA RIVER AT GOODWINS
Minor flooding continues along the Bokhara River at Goodwins, where river levels peaked Sunday 23 January.
The Culgoa River at Collerina (Kenebree) has fallen below the minor flood level.
Minor flooding is occurring along the Bokhara River at Goodwins.
The Bokhara River at Goodwins peaked at 2.46 metres Sunday 23 January and is falling, with minor flooding.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/outerwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 02:00 pm EDT on Monday 31 January 2022.
Latest River Heights:
Culgoa River at Brenda,1.63,Steady,09:45 AM FRI 28/01/22
Culgoa River at Weilmoringle,2.08,Steady,09:00 AM FRI 28/01/22
Culgoa River at Kenebree,3.90,Steady,09:30 AM FRI 28/01/22
Birrie River at Goodooga,0.82,Falling,09:00 AM FRI 28/01/22
Bokhara River at Goodooga,2.09,Falling,09:00 AM FRI 28/01/22
Bokhara River at Goodwins,2.25,Falling,07:00 AM FRI 28/01/22
Narran River at New Angledool No 2,1.97,Steady,09:00 AM FRI 28/01/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.