Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Culgoa, Bokhara, Narran
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Minor To Moderate Flood Warning For The Culgoa And Bokhara Rivers
Issued at 11:28 AM EST on Wednesday 29 June 2022
Flood Watch Number: 65
MODERATE FLOODING OCCURRING AT KENEBREE AND GOODWINS
MINOR FLOODING OCCURRING AT WEILMORINGLE
Along the Culgoa River, minor flooding continues at Weilmoringle where river levels are easing slowly. The main flood peak along the Culgoa River is now at Kenebree, where moderate flooding is occurring.
Along the Bokhara River, the main flood peak is now at Goodwins, where moderate flooding is occurring.
Moderate flooding is occurring at Kenebree. Minor flooding is occurring at Weilmoringle.
The Culgoa River at Weilmoringle is currently at 5.68 metres and falling slowly, with minor flooding.
The Culgoa River at Kenebree is steady near its peak of around 6.15 metres, with moderate flooding.
Moderate flooding is occurring along the Bokhara River at Goodwins.
The Bokhara River at Goodwins is steady near its peak of around 2.75 metres, with moderate flooding.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/outerwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 03:00 pm EST on Friday 01 July 2022.
Latest River Heights:
Culgoa River at Weilmoringle,5.68,Falling,10:00 AM WED 29/06/22
Culgoa River at Kenebree,6.11,Steady,11:00 AM WED 29/06/22
Bokhara River at Goodwins,2.74,Steady,11:00 AM WED 29/06/22
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.