Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Warrego River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Moderate Flood Warning For The Warrego River (Nsw)
Issued at 11:03 AM EDT on Friday 03 December 2021
Flood Watch Number: 6
MODERATE FLOODING POSSIBLE AT FORDS BRIDGE
The flood peak on the Warrego River passed through Enngonia around the 29th or 30th of November with river levels estimated to have been below the minor flood level.
The flood peak may pass through Fords Bridge in the middle of the week with moderate flooding possible. Rises to the minor flood level are expected on Friday afternoon.
Recent rainfall and thunderstorms have caused renewed river level rises in Queensland. River level rises below the minor flood level have been observed at Barringun. Predictions for this coming flood peak will be made when upstream peaks have been observed in Queensland at Rocky and upstream.
Warrego River (NSW):
Moderate flooding is possible along the Warrego River (NSW) at Fords Bridge.
The Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash is expected to exceed the minor flood level (1.70 m) Friday afternoon. The river level may reach the moderate flood level (2.30 m) overnight Sunday into Monday. Further rises are possible.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/outerwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
The next warning will be issued by 12:00 pm EDT on Monday 06 December 2021.
Latest River Heights:
Warrego River at Barringun No. 2,2.36,Rising,10:00 AM FRI 03/12/21
Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash,1.64,Rising,10:00 AM FRI 03/12/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.