Weather Warnings - Flood Warning - Warrego River
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology, New South Wales
Final Flood Warning For The Warrego River (Nsw)
Issued at 09:57 AM EST on Thursday 22 April 2021
Flood Watch Number: 18
WARREGO RIVER AT FORDS BRIDGE HAS FALLEN BELOW THE MINOR FLOOD LEVEL
The Warrego River at Fords Bridge fell below the minor flood level (1.7 metres) around 10:00 pm Wednesday night.
Warrego River (NSW):
No further flooding is expected in the Warrego River (NSW).
The Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash peaked at 2.13 metres around 11:00 pm Tuesday 13 April and is currently at 1.66 metres and slowly falling.
Flood Safety Advice:
In life threatening emergencies, call 000 (triple zero) immediately. If you require rescue, assistance to evacuate or other emergency help, ring NSW SES on 132 500.
* Avoid drowning. Stay out of rising water, seek refuge in the highest available place.
* Prevent damage to your vehicle. Move it under cover, away from areas likely to flood.
* Avoid being swept away. Stay out of fast-flowing creeks and storm drains.
* Never drive, ride or walk through flood water. Flood water can be deceptive and dangerous.}
For more emergency information, advice, and access to the latest river heights and rainfall observations and forecasts:
* NSW SES: www.ses.nsw.gov.au
* RMS Live Traffic: www.livetraffic.com
* Latest River Heights and Rainfall Observations: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood/outerwest.shtml
* Latest NSW Warnings: www.bom.gov.au/nsw/warnings/
* Rainfall Forecasts: www.bom.gov.au/australia/meteye/
* BOM NSW Twitter: www.twitter.com/BOM_NSW
This is a final warning, no further warnings will be issued for this event.
Latest River Heights:
Warrego River at Barringun No. 2,1.47,Steady,08:00 AM THU 22/04/21
Warrego River at Fords Bridge Bywash,1.66,Steady,09:00 AM THU 22/04/21
This advice is also available by dialling 1300 659 210. Warning, rainfall and river information are available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/flood. The latest weather forecast is available at www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts.