Weather Warnings - Severe Weather Warning for VIC
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST
Cancellation Severe Weather Warning
for North East Forecast District.
Issued at 1:14 pm Saturday, 19 June 2021.
SOUTH TO SOUTHEASTERLY WINDS SLOWLY EASING ACROSS ALPINE VICTORIA
cancellation severe weather warning for the following areas:
Severe weather is no longer occurring in Victoria.
The immediate threat of severe weather has passed, but the situation will continue to be monitored and further warnings will be issued if necessary.
- Mt Hotham recorded a 98km/h wind gust 10:24am
- Falls Creek recorded a 96km/h wind gust just after midnight.
The State Emergency Service advises that people should:
* Stay away from fallen powerlines - always assume they are live.
* Stay safe by avoiding dangerous hazards, such as floodwater, mud, debris, damaged roads and fallen trees.
* Don't walk, ride your bike or drive through flood water.
No further warnings will be issued for this event.
Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau's website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 210. The Bureau and State Emergency Service would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.